- It is the largest low costs airline in Asia, yes?
- Who in the region is its largest competitor? Lion Air? SIA's bunch of holdings - Scoot, Tiger etc? Why would SIA be interested in a low costs carrier, anyhow?
- Who else is able to have partnerships in and multiple hubs in other countries besides Malaysia? Airasia has Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India.
- Name one business which will make tonnes of money from year one of operations. On this think of Indonesia and Philippines. Is Indonesia esp. a key operations hub for Airasia. If yes, is it important for Airasia to focus on its operations there?
- Airline is a tough business. True especially for many American airlines and some national airlines, but some low costs do very well. Check out Southwest, Ryanair, Easyjet.
- Is Asia a key growth area for many suitors? Think strategic investors. If no, why did Heineken, (was it) bid extensively for F&N's brewery in Singapore? Why does AEON look at SEA as a key investment destination?
- Is there stronger growth in Europe and North America than Asia (especially South East and East Asia)?
- Is Airasia better off today than it was say 3 - 5 years ago? Lower oil price (What's the impact of Iran on the price of oil in the future?). Airasia today with better reach. More key partnerships. These are progress. No?
- MAS comes to its senses? It needs to turn profitable, now - remember MAS was losing a billion ringgit a year.
- Is its current price lowest ever for a long long time?
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Before one have negative thoughts on Airasia's operations, lets see some of its perspectives.